To be a Woman | Laura Marling
And I’m not dead yet, I could be soon
And all I want to do is put my arms around you
Little girl, it’s all so new
go little girl, you need to learn little girl
what it is to be a woman
Emily Dickinson, from The Gorgeous Nothings: Emily Dickinson’s Envelope Poems
"In this short Life
that only [merely] lasts an hour
Where I told you
I love you
Virginia Woolf’s bed in Monk’s House and Susan Sontag’s grave in Montparnasse Cemetery by Patti Smith.
My hair looks pretty gd today
- me: goodnight moon
- moon: goodnight lil bitch
I feel the most important thing i’ve learned from Virginia Woolf is that living deeply is just as important as living broadly.
Alt-J | Matilda
Put the grenade pin in your hand
So you understand who’s boss
less romantic love more Romantic love, come grave robbing with me in a thunderstorm.
Random strangers I have temporarily fallen in love with
- solitary boy sketching a marble statue of a sea goddess in the Louvre
- the guy working in Waterstones who told me “that’s a great book, enjoy it” when I was buying A Life’s Music
- boy with a skateboard and untidy blonde hair who sat next to me on the bus home
- boy I met in the woods when our dogs basically fell in love and wouldn’t part from each other and we stood and kind of awkwardly apologised
Roberto Bolle and Isadora Loyola in Romeo and Juliet. Photo - Fabrizio Ferri, American Ballet Theatre.